Saturday, March 19, 2011

The Seeing Eye


A few years ago, I started carrying my camera around with me to get myself to take more pictures. Well, it worked, and pretty quickly I started taking more and more pictures (which led to the need to upgrade to a new camera, but that's another story).  And I realized right away that when I approached the world with a camera, I SAW things differently. 

It's what I love best about photography, actually -- it causes me to see beauty in the most ordinary things.  I notice things I'd not normally notice, and I tune into the patterns and colors and people around me.

I've come to realize that sharing photograph is almost as fun as taking them.  I'm an avid user of Flickr.com, and I've learned so much (and made some lovely friends) by hanging out and posting photos and looking around there.

This corner of my blog kingdom is devoted to photography.  I've learned a lot from reading what others have said about Photoshop and actions and exposure and composition, so maybe I'll talk about that a bit here.  Or maybe I'll just show a lot of pictures. 

1 comment:

  1. I love your photos. How do you get in so close? My blog photos look so amateur.

    ReplyDelete